Working on a book of poetry? Meet with award-winning poet Robert Balun (recipient of the Teacher-Writer Award from the City College of New York MFA program) in his own home or via video conference for an intensive, one-on-one consultation to get the manuscript where it needs to go. Robert will discuss your manuscript in detail, speaking to the content, overall themes and shape of the work, and specific poems within it. He’ll provide you with written feedback on the manuscript as a whole and and local comments and edits as necessary; offer suggestions for revision and advice on potential publishers; and provide references to books and writers (and possibly artists and theorists as well) that seem relevant to the thought process behind the manuscript.
Sessions will be available during a four-week window from February 20 to March 19, 2020. Once your registration is accepted, you’ll work with Robert directly to schedule a time that works best. Prices are based on two different page ranges below, drawing on industry distinctions for different types of books:
1) 24–36 pgs (chapbook): $295 w/ 1-hr consultation
2) 48–100 pgs (full-length collection): $445 w/ 1.5-hr consultation
If you have a longer manuscript you'd like to submit, contact us and we can coordinate with Robert and try to work out a separate agreement.
- Professor: Robert Balun
- Dates: February 20–March 19, 2020
- Time: 1 hr / 1.5 hrs
- Location: Bushwick (near Jefferson St L & Central Ave M) or online
- Cost: $295 (24–36 pgs) / $445 (48–100 pgs)
- Writing sample: working book manuscript
- Registration deadline: SUN, FEBRUARY 16, 2020
- Earlybird discount: $15 off by FEB 2